Friday 15 February 2013

Through the elephant's eyes


A split second of danger
And emerging from the rubble
A kind-hearted stranger crook with stubble
And button where he button hooked
That day when the earth rumbled and shook
Played football in the front yard where
We thought were never scarred there.
The play we payed and par we wore.
In wars and gulfs, Turkish delights and Thor,
Our days turned to flashing lights
And bright nights on empty streets
Where kind companions and companies meet
The Rivera, the Montinegro, a compradre in
A Murcielago
Awakened beasts of burden back end
And woke to wars of players offend.
I awoke from sleep and dreams I kept;
turned off my mind, from signs I left
And upended the stupendous rhymes I graft
And sold the display, forgetting the rest.
I loftily abided a jokers smile
And stack a pack of cash once in a while
And wear a Louis Vuitton sweater
And stroke the cat where we know better.
I’m a falling, lifting feather
Snowy cold and colder weather.
Torque and grow the engines prowess
growls to where the beast howls less.
The mold I broke, the stone I threw
Memories lost and fears that grew
And feats that taught me to forget
And recollections that I couldn’t let.
But all above my furious toil
I sweat blood and blood of oil
Where in swede seats we play and pray
And find our self in a better day.
What I didn’t think could have not gone wrong
And sung my life to millions in song
Atoms and molecules, solo people
I rip the torrent from all equals.
I cut the ribbon and shook the box
And found within it a thousand locks
A thousand promises and a hundred missing
From our mouths where we were kissing.
I took from man his finest promise
That life is a good and life is honest
And barraged in fate our mystical enterprise
To find no more questions nor any surprise.
I climbed a rainbow and rode the wind
Where man can never see within
A mind in toil and a fear uprise
To levy great with warped surprise.
So tell me sweetheart, where to from now?
You shiny car, you proudest bow
You glimmering stage, your Stow-boy pet
You’re finding me where I forget
That never did I ever promise
To you I’d love, to you I’d be honest
But you’re my best friend and to no surprise
We’re looking through the Elephant's eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment